Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day #278 - Up and Down

9:50 PM Doc just called from Pasadena and said he is on his way home. He challenged me to write today’s Penny Tale before he gets home …

This morning we stopped at Circle K to look for coins. None found.

I was already running late and had a significant event to coordinate at work. So I did not appreciate when the Penny Angels “nudged” me to make another stop. I was already driving past the Shell gas station when I was nudged to make a U-Turn and go back.
Tina to Angels: “You are kidding, right?”
Angels: “Do you want today’s coin or not?”

I turned and went back. No coins found by the gas pumps, the parking area, the vacuum hose area (where Doc finds them), or in my first pass through the convenience store.
Tina to Angels: “Am I missing something? Why did you tell me to come here?”
Then I saw a dime under the register counter. A little bit awkward in retrieving it, but I was determined. (Coin #1)

***************
Penny Fever is Spreading!
During today’s event, Emily, one of my Engineering Officers handed me a penny (presented with a huge smile). She was on the phone and excitedly talking about a job offer when she spotted the penny. Was that a sign to take that job?


***************
Rats! Doc is home already. Guess I did not make his challenge.

***************
After work tonight Doc returned to his van to find the driver’s window missing! Not something fun to Find. Recently Doc had not been able to move the van window down (thus our excuse for my hopping out of the van to get the fast food and Starbucks orders for him - while subtly collecting coins). Now Doc was having trouble getting it up!

He had a 6 PM dinner meeting, but after that he headed to son Brian’s house. Brian is known as “McGiver” - he can fix anything! They found the slipped window and the problem. They headed to the auto parts store for replacements, but parts must be obtained from the dealer. Doc, of course, had to get his coins for the day, so he claimed one penny from the antifreeze bottle display and another penny in the adhesive aisle (Coins #2&3). The van window was propped up with some scrap pieces of wood and the problem will need to be resolved on another day.

Today’s Total: 3 coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: