Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day #272 - Thanks

School starts next week with major events on each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I am quite unprepared at this point. Tomorrow the campus is officially shut down for a furlough day and people are prohibited from working … ;-)

Very busy day at work today. I had deliveries to make, so did a quick Penny Hunt through the Student Center. The place was pretty deserted of people, let alone stray coins. I only saw 6-8 persons in there, but one was a fellow lecturer who stopped to say hello. He politely asked about Penny Tales and I told him no coins had been found yet today. L His reply, “Will the one right next to you work?” There was a penny a few feet from us! Mushroom coin.

Doc found his penny on the floor at the ATM inside of the 7/11 Store.

I found one more penny in a planter bed outside the 99¢ store where I made a quick stop on my way home. (A few days ago I had noticed some kids pitching pennies there as I was driving past).

Today’s Total: 3 Pennies

For any of you who are saying “Is that all?”, I am saying the message was still delivered: “In God we Trust”. Also, the Penny Angels knew that I needed time tonight to do some actual work on the house versus writing Penny Tales. Remember? It is for the house that the Penny Tales began.

***************

New House Update
Doc and I dedicated 2 hours tonight to revise the house plans. It had been 10 days since we rolled them up and put them aside. We fine-tuned the Guest Room and Master Bath area and tried to elminate more footage.

The Soils Engineer responded and said he is ready to go once we have the topo map drawn. His email was just so positive and uplifting. I shared with him one of the many signs which have been taped on my Living Room wall for a few years: “THANK YOU GOD for the incredibly Caring and Competent individuals who are part of this Building Team.

Penny Pals - you are so much a part of the Team and I thank you daily for that.

No comments: