Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day #277 - Determined Doc

It was a long and busy day at work. At 7:15 PM as I left the office, I realized I hadn’t even looked for a coin today. I started talking to the Penny Angels on my way to the truck. “Please let me find a coin before I get home. I don’t want to go anywhere else.” I didn’t find any coins on campus. Doc called to say we would go to Starbucks or elsewhere when I got home.

I was nearly home when I was nudged to turn back and go to the Liquor Store which I had just passed.
Tina to Penny Angels: “You are asking me to go back to the Liquor Store?”
Nudging: “Yes”
Tina: “I didn’t think Angels would encourage that”.
Nudging: “It is mostly a convenience store and right now it is convenient for you”.
Tina: “That means making a right turn, a U-Turn on this major street, then a left turn at the signal, then across traffic into the lot”
Nudging: “Correct”
Tina: “All for the hopes of maybe finding a coin?”
Nudging: “Yup”

I U-turned, parked, searched the parking lot, went inside, searched the store… Nothing! I finally bought a stick of beef jerky because I felt guilty. While ringing up my purchase, the cashier asked if there was anything else I needed, “YES! Today’s Lucky Penny Please”. He looked around the room saying “Usually there are several laying around, but not right now.” I argued with the Angels, “SEE! Why did I listen to you? Those weren’t nudgings, those were just my own thoughts rumbling around. Wishful thinking”.
As I was walking back to my truck, there was a dime. I ran inside to show the cashier and give him a business card saying “Thanks! Day #277 Penny Tale”. (Coin #1)

Lessons: “Share your desires / goals with others”
“Listen to the Nudgings”


***************
At 8:30 Doc decided that he needed more steps on his pedometer. He announced, “I’m going walking and Penny Finding. I will bring you home some coins”. I begged him not to. I was already falling asleep and did not want to be up late writing Penny Tales.

At 8:50 Doc called. Uhh Ohh.
Doc: “What did you want? TarnX or Brasso to clean your Penny Pendant?”
Tina: “Whew! I thought you were calling to say you found a penny”
Doc: “No, it was a dime as I walked into OSH. I needed to match you.” (Coin #2)

I asked Doc to please come home. He had his coin. No more needed!

At 9:15 Doc called again. He was at the grocery store.
Doc: “Quick! Grab paper and pen and write this down …
“There was one penny by the coin exchange machine as I just walked in. Then I spotted a penny on the floor in the cracker aisle. As I bent to retrieve it, there was a dime on a lower shelf. Then a penny on the floor in cereals. Another penny in the chips and snacks aisle. Then another penny which I already can’t remember from where. (Coins #3-8).

I told Doc to quit looking and come straight home! Enough already!

At 9:16 Doc called again. He was in the parking lot.
“Another penny by the handbaskets as I was exiting the store”. (Coin #9)

I told him to get his backside home immediately. If he was finding more pennies, he could darn well write about them, journal them and archive them himself! I would do my coins; he could do his!

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (6), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.36

***************
P.S. Around 11:30 PM I asked Doc to proofread this tale. I sat on the floor next to him as he read it. I woke up around 5:10 AM and realized he was no longer reading to me.

Lesson: Penny Tales make good bedtime stories

No comments: