Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day #379 - Guaranteed Delivery




This morning we finally got to meet Chaz - the graphic designer who created the PennyFinders logo and transformed my chickenscratches and assorted webpages into the beautiful PennyFinders Guidebook.
He brought me a copy of “Cash in a Flash” the latest book by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert G. Allen. The book was signed by both authors at the workshop Chaz recently attended! Chaz was noting the quality of that book versus the lesser quality on another book I had on my table. He was saying when my Penny Tales book gets written, it will need to be of the better quality because he expects thousands (not just hundreds) to sell. Gulp!

The hour with Chaz flew by with dozens of ideas going back and forth. So much opportunity awaits… as he left he asked if I had yet found today’s coin.

***************
Doc used that opening line to coerce me into going with him to get food. We went to the Taco Bell - Doc for tacos and a burrito, me for a coin. His order was guaranteed delivery, mine was not. His order was comprised of calories and carbs, mine was comprised of hope and faith.

I didn't see any coins until just at the last moment I found a penny in a mud puddle. Done for the day! Doc said HE wanted to find a coin too. We pulled out of the Taco Bell and advanced to the red traffic light. Doc looked out his window and exclaimed, “There’s my penny!” Then he jumped out and said, “There’s two out here!” and hopped back in. He was happy to receive God’s 2¢ worth.

***************
This afternoon we were on our way to Lowe’s and then to campus to prepare for classes. Doc was ‘nudged’ to stop at Circle K. As we were entering the store he spotted a nickel. I did not see it even when he pointed to it. There were no coins inside the store. As we were leaving, Doc was inspired to check the two pay phone cubicles. I questioned his actions since there were no phones there. He pulled out a few handfuls of trash and then a dime! He said “surely there could be more coins under all this trash.” He retrieved what I thought to be a filthy slug - it was a quarter.

I told Doc, “You have retrieved 3 of the 4 coins to get a ‘Hit for the Cycle’ just from this one pedestal. You need to find a penny in the second pedestal.” So he pulled handfuls of trash out of that booth, got a flashlight from the van and retorted, “OK. Got 4 for you!”
My hand was small enough to easily retrieve two of the coins, but the other two were at a deeper, second level, with only a small access opening. I got the chopsticks and felt like I was conducting a deep throat surgery. Doc used the flashlight for one final check - and there was a fifth penny standing on its edge! We were laughing and having fun.
Yes, total insanity.

Today’s Total: 11 coins P (8), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.48

Lesson: Yes, some times we need to deal the trash to find our rewards. It helps to keep a fun and playful attitude when doing our chores.

No comments: