Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day #397 - More

More rain. More coins. More steps. More lessons.

Full day at work and teaching. At 2 PM realized I’d better look for today’s coin before classes because later tonight I probably would not feel like going anywhere to search. So I headed to the campus Marketplace / cafeteria. Did not find any coins! I said to the Penny Angels, “Look, I did not walk all the way over here in the rain for nothing. I expect a coin, okay?” I looked to my right and there was a penny. “Thank You!”

Lesson: Verbalize your desires.

I was laughing and hoping you would get a chuckle over that. I said to the Penny Angels, “That was cute! Makes for a good story. Do you want to do it again?” And as soon as I said that, there was a penny in front of me among the dining tables! I laughed and said, “OK. Time to get back to work.” (Coins #1 & 2).

This evening as I was leaving campus around 8:30, I passed the vending machines. I purposely did not look in that direction because I didn’t want to have more story to write tonight. Just as I passed by the last machine, there was something. Hard to tell in the dark. Don’t look. What the heck. I looked. It was a nickel. (The rarest of the 4 basic coins to find). (Coin #3)

Lesson: Sometimes you must search for answers / rewards; sometimes they are presented to you.

I arrived home around 9 PM this evening and asked Doc how his day went. There was a note from Doc on the dining table:

Sparky and I went shopping - but first a coffee. Had to wait for fresh brewed decaf, so I let Sparky walk for 3-4 minutes so we could get steps on the pedometer. After shopping for a while, I stopped at Rite Aid in order to get more steps and let Sparky have some relief. (There was a light mist, but Sparky was all set to go! He led me right over a penny in the parking lot. (Coin Doc #1). I put him back in the van and dried him off. I went inside for more steps. Found a penny as I walked the aisles. Upon leaving the store, I found a very wet penny on the cement entryway. (Coins Doc #2&3).

Today’s Total: 6 coins P (5), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.10

No comments: