Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day #404 - Focused

Fun exchanges with my students today. Told them I was like a personal trainer for them - I was going to push them to their limits. Make them more focused on their goals. Hopefully (and it might take a few years) they will get favorable results, be stronger, be more fit, etc. and then look back and be proud of what they have accomplished.

***************

It was mid-afternoon and I had not thought about coins. Ran over to the Marketplace area. Told the Penny Angels en route “I’ve only got 10 minutes, so please deliver”. There was one Penny at the Taco Bell and another at the Carl’s Jr. 2¢ for today. As I was leaving the building I said, “Thank You Penny Angels. That will do for today. I do not want a lengthy Tale to write tonight”. And, of course, there were immediately 2 more pennies in my path. Angel humor.

***************

As I was leaving my office around 8:45 PM a colleague said, “Done for tonight?” I replied, “There’s always the Penny Tale to write when I get home.” He’s an engineer and so his response was encouraging, “You know, I’m beginning to think there is something to this Penny Finding. I have been finding a number of coins and when I do, it’s is usually because I am contemplating or focused on a certain issue.” Believe!

***************

Doc took the van in for service today and then was captive at home since the car won’t be ready until tomorrow. When I got home there was a love note from Doc and coins on the dining table:

l Found a nickel at the Starbucks drive through. Parked for coffee. Nickel leaning between the pavement and the curb.”

I am laughing as I am now reading his note. There is even a schematic to show how the penny was leaning! And the one I found at Carl’s Jr. today was leaning in a similar manner. Coincidence?

l Found a dime at the auto dealer service center. Found at the vending machines while I was sitting and waiting.

Such a romantic note. Every gal’s dream!

Total: 6 Coins P (4), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = 19¢

No comments: