Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day #403 - Doorways

I looked at the coins sitting on the dining table and told Doc, “I can’t even remember where these came from”. He replied, “This morning. On the way to the meeting with the architect”. Really? Was that just today? It feels like it was a week ago!

This morning we met with the architect from 9-10 AM. She had two really rough sketches for the front of the house. I had designed the basic floorplan last November, so it was neat to begin adding some shape to the dream. Seeing that front entry with visions of what lies beyond that doorway, was motivating.

***************

Doc, of course, had to stop at Starbucks on the way to the meeting. I quickly went inside the CVS to look for coins. Found one penny by the photo lab area, then a second penny in the doorway as I was leaving. 2¢ worth. (Coins #1&2)

We stopped at a Shell station for petrol. Doc pumped fuel while I went into the convenience store. One penny under the chips display. As I exited the store, there was another penny by the propane cylinder display. (Coins #3&4).

***************

At school when I was running to a Council meeting, there was a penny by the staircase. (Coin #5)

Doc stopped by my office to show me a “Martian” nickel (very ugly, worn and green) which he had just found at the campus Starbucks while waiting for his decaf to be brewed. (Coin #6) The score was now tied at 5¢: 5¢

Yesterday’s penny tales was about Thresholds and Doors which open and shut for us. Today at school, a door was shut literally. I was still reflecting on (and wrestling with) that issue when a very unexpected telephone call came in. A dear friend was going to be passing through our area this evening, could Doc and I meet him for dinner? I needed to get away from school at that moment so we took a “time out”. When one door shuts, another opens.

***************

On our way home this evening Doc insisted upon a quick stop at the grocery store. (I hate grocery shopping and he seems to want to do that every day!) I found a penny as we walked in. The store was very deserted. There were three employees near the penny - one of them almost standing on it. So I made a bit of a show out of retrieving the coin. I thanked him for being part of Penny Tales Day #403. He smiled. So then I gave him a Penny Card in exchange for his smile. The other two guys smiled. So I picked up the other two pennies I had spotted and gave each of them a Penny Card in exchange for their smiles. (Coins #7-9) Then Doc spotted a dime by the coin counting machine. (Coin #10) Just sort of a “Good Job” confirmation after Sharing with three people.

Lesson: If your attitude is stinky, CHANGE it by making someone else smile. There are many ways to generate smiles - they don’t need to be only Penny Smiles. Find YOUR own tool to use.

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = 23¢

No comments: