Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day #391 - Mush Ball

Good Morning!

Guess I fell asleep last night before writing Penny Tales. Sorry about that. Seven Glorious hours of sleep. Really nice! What really happened was that Doc kidnapped me after work. He likes to go to the Chinese foot massage place ($15/hr), so he forced me to go with him. After that, I was a Mush Ball and couldn’t even focus on writing.

When we got home last night, Doc was watching a PBS Show: “The Death of the Electric Car”. It was fascinating. I happened to pass through the room just as the GM Sunraycer was shown raycing across the Outback. That was it. I’m still a Solar Car addict. Seeing that sleek aerodynamic body glistening in the warm Australian sun , I was hooked on the show. It was captivating.

For one hour I actually leaned over the back of the sofa and watched TV! Mush Ball. Can’t remember the last time I watched any TV let alone an entire Hour!

For those of you who don’t know about that decade of our lives … Doc and I spent 10 years working with student teams to build and race solar-powered cars. We raced across the U.S., across Australia and in Japan. The advancements in technology during that period were inspiring. The show last night left us frustrated and wondering.

***************

PennyFinding

Yesterday I found a penny under a concrete picnic table before I reached my office. (Coin #1) Good to have that done for the day.

I had a meeting with the Director of Academic Resources. We were deeply engaged in a serious discussion when she stopped and said, “Penny!” (Coin #2) I was not even thinking about Penny Finding. Shared Joy. Who knows … maybe next I’ll have the University President finding too!

***************

Doc had to have some steps and coins too. He went to the grocery store to walk. He collected one penny. Next he went to the 99¢ store where he found one penny inside the store and one penny outside. (Coins #3-5).

Today’s Total: 5 pennies

Thought: Your smallest action, like a pebble cast in still water, can create ripples with far-reaching effects.

No comments: