Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 18, 2010

Day #395 - MLK Day

Doc and Sparky went to Starbucks for their morning coffee. Then they went to the CVS store for some batteries. Sparky found a penny by the trashcan he was “marking”.

This afternoon I needed to go to school and run off some exams. Doc stopped at Starbucks on the way. He spotted a penny through the window of the store next door. While Doc went for coffee, I tried to unobtrusively move the display cabinet (which was on rollers) to acquire today’s Find.

After we got home, my mom called and said she had just made a large kettle of bean soup. If we wanted some, we should come get it immediately; but wait maybe 30 minutes before we come over? Free food? Of course!

Doc headed out for the soup, more steps on his pedometer, and a stop at the grocery store for cheese to go with his beans. As he walked in the grocery store he spotted a dark circle which he thought was a penny until he picked it up and found it to be a dime. I had told him that I wanted a short Penny Tale tonight and NOT to collect any more coins - merely the soup please! The man does not listen well.

Today’s Total: 3 coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

Thoughts: It was wet, cold, and cloudy. I had to move a cart to get the prize. Sometimes things are given to you; other times you have to work for them.

No comments: