Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day #396 - Rainy Day

Lots and lots of rain today with flooding through the area and tornado warnings!

Around 2 PM this afternoon there was a brief break in the clouds so I made a dash down to the Student Center at school to mail some bills. Found a penny at the Round Table Pizza area.

***************

Doc and Sparky went for coffee, took a walk, enjoyed naps, etc. When I arrived home this evening there was a “love Note” on the dining table:

I went walking to get some steps. Thought walking in the Big Lots store would be good (no rain in there). As I was about to enter the door, I saw a dark circle on the sidewalk near the building wall. As I bent over to pick up the penny, I noticed a glint of something in a sidewalk crack. The edge of it was flush with the surface of the sidewalk. I used the penny as a tool along with fingernails to move the object and discovered it was a dime.

Stopped next at the 99¢ Only store to get more steps and some cans of soup. Spotted a bright shiny penny behind a customer in a check out lane. Swooped in and collected the penny.

Today’s Total: 4 coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: