Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 25, 2010

Day #402 - Thresholds

Very full day at work. As I was leaving campus after 8 PM I realized I had been too busy to think about PennyFinding today. Now what?

I stopped in the Study Room to say good night to the students. Each of them seemed to have a laptop. It was amazing the range of things they had on display - not too much coursework being studied in there. Just as I was leaving the room, there was a penny at the threshold. Nice. I was, however, concerned that one of the students could have put it there. But I had not been in the room for a week, no one knew I was coming, and all the students swore the coin was not planted.

I was still a bit wired from teaching classes tonight, so I stopped for some shopping on the way home. (Switching gears before embarking on the Household Manager job). There were no coins at the grocery store. Rats. So I wandered next door to the office supply store. No coins there. A sales clerk asked if I was finding everything I needed. I replied, “No. I’m searching for today’s penny.” I gave her a Penny Card. She smiled. Joy shared.

It was a few minutes before 9 PM so I ran into the Ross Dress for less (to look for coins). I bought Sparky a new bed (his current fuzz bucket is falling apart). After paying, I was leaving the store and spotted a dime at the threshold! I cheered, three heads turned. I smiled, told them about Penny Tales, thanked them for being part of Day #402, gave them Penny Cards, and collected their smiles in return. Joy shared.

Thoughts: Both of my coins today were at thresholds. I’m feeling like there is a doorway which will soon open and I need to go through it.

Today Doc went to the office supply store to get a new flash drive. Saw a dark spot in the computer aisle. It was a wheat penny! Just now he used the magnifying glass to read 1941. That’s almost 70 years old and still going strong! Let’s hope each of us look that good after 70 years of service.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = 12¢

No comments: