Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day #438 - Cents of Humor

This morning Doc and I had our weekly meeting with the architect. Today she had the first drawings of the other three elevation views of the house and a site plan. A little progress every week ….

On the way to the architect, Doc made the Starbucks stop. He tossed me out of the van at one side of the shopping center so that I could walk through the grocery store and parking lot while he was getting his coffee.

***************

I slalomed through the aisles at the grocery store, but that store is kept very clean with polished white floors. No coins. But wait! By the exit door and employment kiosk, there was a dime! (Coin #1)

I still had a few minutes while Doc was engaged, so I briefly visited the 99¢ store. Nothing there. Until … a penny right in the middle of a triangularly shaped, 5 ft. high wire mesh display. My fingers weren’t long enough to reach it from any of the three sides. Anyone looking? No? OK. I shoulder nudged the rack. Got it!

Meanwhile back at the coffee shop got his coffee and came out looking for me. As he crossed the main driveway. He spotted a bright glare - it was a nickel. (Coin #3)

***************

We had a productive meeting with the architect and then Doc headed to the tire shop to get the flat tire repaired and I headed to school.

***************

A co-worker and I were scheduled to lead a volunteer training session. I get the feeling she thinks my Penny Finding is a bit ???? So on the way to her office I did a Singsong, “Hey Penny Angels, wanna have some fun? How ‘bout showin’ A.H. how this is done?” Within 60 seconds of leaving our building there were TWO very shiny pennies right in our path! They were so very obvious there was no way to miss them. Talk about manifesting. That was great! I did tell A.H. those pennies were sent specifically for her. God’s 2¢ worth once again. (Coins #4&5)

Don’t you love the Penny Angels and their Cents of Humor?

***************

I arrived home early tonight and figured I would accomplish many things I had been putting off. I wrote the first draft of Today’s Penny Tale which I left on the dining table for Doc to proofread. I ate a bowl of soup, did some chores, then fell asleep on the floor in the living room. I vaguely remember hearing Doc come through the door around 9:30 PM. He had 3 coins with him. I grumpily told him I didn’t care at that point. So he put the coins on the table and told me to go back to sleep. He had driven through the McDonald’s drive through on his way home and collected one burger, one dime and two pennies. (Coins #6-8).

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (2), D (2), Q (0) = $0.18

No comments: