Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day #443 - 11-22-33

Doc insisted upon going out for a Sunday morning breakfast. I held him off as long as I could. I graded one set of homework papers and then gave in. He talked me into going by saying we could take our calendars and do some planning for a few minutes. We placed our food order with the waitress and I pulled out my planner ready to work … Doc brought nothing along. False pretenses!

After breakfast Doc wanted to walk the high school parking lot, but I wanted no detours. I wanted to go home and get started on my tasks for today. Doc was really wanting to search that parking lot again, but I refused. I felt a nudging instead to just quickly walk through the empty Carl’s Jr. drive thru window. I found a dime, then three pennies, then a nickel, then two pennies. I also searched the planter area and found four pennies there! (Coins #1-11). I was content and done for the day.

***************

I spent the rest of the day grading papers and preparing for classes this week. Doc was restless because he didn’t have any coins for today. So early evening he headed out. He was determined to search that high school parking lot. Doc and Sparky put some steps on the pedometer and found numerous coins. Sparky found the first penny. Then Doc found 2 dimes and 8 more pennies. As they were driving away, Doc spied a very shiny Sit-N-Find where he had just walked! (Coins Doc #1-12).

Doc and Sparky next drove to the grocery store. Two pennies when entering the store, then one at check out. (Doc Coins #13-15).

Doc came home very excited to have the score now 15:11 in his favor. I was grumbling because I didn’t want to write so much tonight.

***************

Doc then headed out for grocery shopping round #2! I asked him to please remove “coins” from the shopping list. He had already acquired enough for today. He refused to cross that off and said he would soon be back ….

He first went to Trader Joe’s. Saw a funny spot at a closed check out register. It was a dime. There was a penny in front of the stand as he was checking out. A closed register lane had blueberries spilled on the floor and a dime. There were two pennies by the bottled waters as he loaded a case. Then a penny as Doc was exiting the store. (Coins #16-21)

At the next grocery store Doc did not find any coins while shopping. But as he was checking out, he collected a dime from the floor. (Doc Coin #22).

***************

Final Score for today: Tina 11, Doc 22

A WINNING COMBINATION: 11-22-33

Total: 33 Coins P (26), N (1), D (6), Q (0) = $0.91

No comments: