Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, March 26, 2010

Day #462 - Tax Relief

Just like my students, I waited until the very last moment to get my “homework” done. We’ve known for months that taxes would need to be completed, but kept procrastinating. Finally early this afternoon we finished assembling everything. Just in time for our 6 p.m. meeting with our tax preparer.

On the way to our meeting we stopped at the office supply place to make some photocopies. Doc found our first coin there. Then he detoured past a Starbucks coffee (a new one for some adventure in our day). It did not have a drive through, so we did not stop there. As we were getting back onto the main road, Doc spotted a Sit-N-Find in the entryway to the huge shopping center. He made me hop out, run around the car, and fetch it for him. (Coin #2). The Starbcuks at the next shopping center also did not have a drive through, but it was fairly crowded, so we stopped there. While Doc got his coffee inside, I searched the tables outside - and collected MY coin for the day. (Coin #3).

***************

We met with our tax preparer and told him this year we have a new tax form - for the PennyFinders business. We told him the PennyFinders story. He reached for something by his computer. It was a Schmushed penny which he had received as a gift and was now giving to me. It had lines and lines of text on it - so tiny I could not decipher it. I finally figured it out. Written on the penny are the 10 commandments!

The tax guy had a penny story of his own. It turns out that he collects and saves each of his found coins because they promote the message “In God We Trust”. He keeps them in his gym bag and carries them back and forth to his workouts.

Doc’s comment: “Using that technique - As the number and load of collected coins increases, so does the spiritual and physical strength of the Penny Finder”

***************

I had to stop for some broccoli on the way home. I just wanted a quick stop. But Doc wanted a target-rich environment. He chose which grocery store to search. I found a dime as we were walking in. Doc found a penny at the coin redemption machine. I found a penny standing vertically against a counter base, then a dime under a coin return while waiting for Doc. Doc found a dime while paying for his groceries, then a dime where I had just been standing! (Coins #4-9)

Total: 9 Coins P (5), N (0), D (4), Q (0) = $0.45

Lesson: Sometimes the things we must do exceed our limited expertise or strengths. It’s nice when we can relinquish our burdens to a more capable being.

No comments: