Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day #454 - Happy Hopping

Today we hopped from one thing to another - never settling at one task for very long.

Doc began his morning with his trip to Starbucks (one dime there - Coin #1) and then he hopped over to CVS Pharmacy to check his blood pressure reading and collect a penny. (Coin #2)

***************

This afternoon was our bi-weekly Play Time with the niece and two nephews. We headed to a local canyon for a hike by a stream. We first spend time in the nature center admiring all the snakes, tarantulas, frogs, etc. Nicolas asked if we might see frogs in the stream. Let’s manifest one!

We walked along the stream, then across the water hopping from rock to rock. The temptation was too great. The kids begged to kick off their socks, shoes, and shirts to walk in the water. I stayed dry and was crossing the stream when the cutest little green frog hopped on the rock in front of me. There was the result of our verbalized request.

***************

We headed next to Pasadena for dinner. We were stopped at a red light when Doc looked across the intersection, then looked back at me (I was sitting in the very back seat of the van studying spelling words with Nicholas). I had already noticed the 7-11 Store and was trying to contain my Penny Fever. Since I had not yet found a coin today, I was very tempted to stop there, but that just seemed too silly to do. We pulled into the parking lot. Brandon likes to Penny Hunt with me, so we said, “We are going to look for a penny. No, re-phrase that. We are going to FIND a penny”.

We hopped out of the van, went in the store and searched. No coins. I was by the door when Brandon spotted a dime under the chips display! Good news. (Coin #3) The cashier asked if we were looking for something. I replied, “Yes, and we just found it.” There were 4-5 customers in line, so I could not tell too much, but I did give a 60 second infomercial, gave him a Penny Card, and thanked him for being part of the Day #454 Penny Tale The first customer in line heard our story and asked me about it as we were leaving the store. I also gave him a Penny Card and shared the joy with him. (Turns out he is an engineer as well).

***************

We arrived at the Mongolian BBQ restaurant for dinner. The three guys entered the place while I grabbed Ashley’s hand and hopped next door to the Carl’s Jr. drive through. We found 2 pennies there and a third one in a parking spot. We then went inside the Mongolian BBQ to order our food and found a penny at the register where we were paying. (Coins #3-7).

***************

After dinner the kids begged to go to Chuck E. Cheese. I dread the noise and commotion of the place. Within moments of walking in, Doc found a dime at the basketball game. (Coin #8).

The kids and Doc were happy hopping from game to game for that hour. In addition, Doc found one CEC game token and Ashley found two!

Now I am going to hop to the dining room and start grading some of my students’ papers.

Good night!

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.35 + 3 CEC tokens

No comments: