Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, March 19, 2010

Day #455 - Mushroom Coins

Late yesterday the architect sent us the latest Elevation View of the front of the house. So late last night I ‘bounced the drawing’ to a few friends and had a dozen responses by mid morning. So we called the architect and met with her to provide “the Team’s feedback”. Next she will take these drawings for ‘casual reviews”. We were instructed to begin working with a landscpe designer to those plans can be submitted along with the Architectural Drawings.

***************

After our meeting, Doc headed for his luncheon appointment and then to school. He stopped at the grocery store to get coffee and found one penny there, then one penny at the check out. He also found one penny at school in the parking lot (Coins #1-3).

I spent the afternoon grading class papers and making the necessary phone calls to: the landscape design company for a Monday appointment, a contractor for plan reviews, a realtor for information on the Claremont lot, etc.

***************

This evening after dinner, Doc said we needed to go Penny Finding. There were no cars in the Carl’s Jr. line, so I walked through in. No coins either. We stopped at the 7-11 store. Our friend, Tony was working tonight. He had been working the register on Penny Finding Day #365 and gave be a gold $1 coin from his pocket in celebration. I had that coin made into a pendant which I showed him tonight. He was pleased. He took a photo of it. A customer in line smiled at our stories so I gave him a Penny Card. Of course I had to look under the counter for coins. Thee was a very visible penny. So I got down on one knee to retrieve it - and the quarter which was hidden deeper under the counter. And then another penny. And then a dime. Doc and I both said, “That’s all.” But then suddenly there was another penny. And Tony had one on his side of the counter. And then another mushroom penny on our side! We had fun. Cheap Friday night smiles all around. (Coins #4-10).

There were no coins at Trader Joe’s tonight. At Sprouts grocery store I searched the check out area three times. Doc looked too. As we were paying, I looked carefully all around us,. I told Doc, “Nothing here either.” And suddenly there was a dime beside us! (Coin #11) Mushroom coin.

At the next grocery store there was one penny in a check out line and a dime in another closed line. (Coins #12-13).

Total: 13 Coins P (9), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.64 (Doc’s age)

No comments: