Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day #1,021 - Mantel & Hearth

Early this morning I headed out to pick up the mantel and hearthstones which had arrived at the supply yard in San Bernardino. Figured I needed to get those BEFORE versus after my 10 a.m. meeting with Daryl and Tile Bob because I would need some help in lifting the heavy pieces out of Pippy. All went really well at that stop.

I arrived at the job site with one minute to spare. We wasted no time and went straight to work on outlining the plan for the bathroom tiles. Daryl and Bob left after helping off-load the truck.

At 11:30 Annette and Scott arrived. They had the new (hopefully correct) window screens and the pocket doors for the dining room (along with my desired green bucket).

The next-door neighbor, Claire commented on how nicely things were progressing. I invited her and her friend to come see inside the house, so there was a short, impromptu tour.

After everyone left, I began carrying in each of the feature or jump stones for the fireplace. Need to look at the whole batch and see which ones ‘talk’ to me to be included on the fireplace. Also tried to layout the stones for the archway.

***************

On the way home, I stopped to make some photocopies. Penny under a copy machine. (Coin #1).

***************

Doc arrived home after 9 p.m. When he called from school to say he was on his way, I gave him the heads-up that we had a few hours of stuff to deal with when he arrived home. The Night Shift.

Doc found a dime when he went to Johnnie’s for breakfast.

Total: 2 Coins P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: