Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day #1,023 - Fireplace Day


Anticipation... For the past week I have felt like a kid with Christmas on the horizon. Just couldn’t wait for today to arrive. It was finally Fireplace Day! And it was wonderful.

It was still dark when I awoke. Not my ideal, but then I remembered it was Fireplace Day! I was out of bed lickety split and out the door 30 minutes later. As I was driving down the freeway there was a glorious sunrise which created a breathtaking silhouette of the hillsides. I tried to get a photo to capture that. Then as I looked to the North, the mountains were illuminated in sunshine and it almost took my breathe away as I was driving up Haven Avenue toward our new house.

I tried to get things ready for the stone masons before their arrival. They came in and got straight to work. After erecting the scaffolding, we began choosing the ‘feature stones’ and determining their placement. I had fun selecting the “chosen 12”. Then Miguel and Serafin began applying the mortar and cobblestones. I was dancing with excitement in seeing that ‘vision’ come to life!

Doc arrived at the site late morning. He had not been there all week so he was excited to see all the doors and flooring stacked in the garage.

***************

At 3:30 p.m. the workers left and Doc and I realized we needed a coin for today. We stopped at the 7-11, Carl’s Jr. and car wash station. There were no coins to be found at all! Since we had separate vehicles, Doc suggested I hop in the van and we cruise the high school parking lot. This was virgin search area for us. He found one Sit-N-Find quarter. (Coin #1).

I was not satisfied with that find, because Doc found it. I want to tell people that “I have found a coin for xyz days”. So Doc offered to visit the CVS store. I spotted a penny just inside the entrance. Great! Done! (Coin #2)

We returned to my parked truck. There was a penny right next to it!. (Coin #3). It must have been under the car which had been parked next to Pippy.

I drove off in the truck with Doc driving behind me - or so I thought. He stopped to collect two Sit-N-Find pennies. (Coins #4&5) The coins had been under our parked cars.

Lesson: Sometimes what you seek is right under your … “backside”.

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.29

No comments: