Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day #1,019 - Paint & Prep

Heavy rain is predicted for tomorrow. Today the weather was great so we made the most of it. Plenty of Painting and Prepping at the Penny Palace.

Today the Painters continued their work. They painted the newly-built arbor as well as the second coat on the exterior trusses, rafter tails and overhangs. They also began removing the paper from the interior trusses. It was somewhat of an ‘unveiling’. So great to see the woodwork ‘emerging’ from the drywall.

***************

Heavy rains are expected tonight and tomorrow. Thus I tried to cover some of the materials, lay down roofing paper to protect the Master deck, block doors to keep them from blowing, shut windows, etc.

Tomorrow we are expecting several deliveries, so I moved scaffolding, did some cleaning and tried to prepare things.

Mid afternoon I remembered I was supposed to present a scholarship this evening. Yikes! At 4 p.m. I dropped off a signed contract to hire David, a Finish Framer. As I approached his neighborhood, I notice a dog out walking his family. I thought, “there is just a nice feeling coming from them, I’d like to stop and meet that dog”. When I got to David’s house there was no answer, so I phoned him. Turns out that it was his family out walking with the dog. It was great fun meeting all of them and I ended up explaining about Penny Tales. Shared JOY.

***************

This evening I attended the President’s Scholarship Conferral Dinner. (Doc was teaching class). It was a lovely evening. The recipient of our scholarship has only been in the U.S. for five years and yet has accomplished so much.

After the dinner I took one of the flower centerpieces down to the College of Engineering such that the staff and faculty can enjoy them. Doc questions why I go out of my way to do that each year? - because it brings JOY.

***************

I dropped off the flowers and then just could not resist walking back to my pickup truck by way of the vending machines. There were no coins found. I was disappointed. So I said, “Penny Angels, I’m going to check the study room. How about if you show me a student I might still know (like Manny) and a coin ‘cause I don’t want to stop anywhere else on my way home, OK?” I unlocked the door to the room… Manny was sitting at the far end of the room and there was a penny in between us! There were maybe 20 other students studying in there as well. So I held up the penny for everyone to see and excitedly said, “Today’s Penny!” (Coin #1). One student asked me what day it was, so I answered and then told the whole room about Day #1000 and the Ten for Ten Challenge! Shared JOY.

When Doc got home, he presented me with a dime and a penny which he found at the vending machines - no wonder I didn’t find any there!

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: