Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day #1,038 - Tenacious

After a morning full of household chores and other tasks, I finally got out of the house around 1 p.m. I went tenaciously in search of the elusive ¼ round tile and the dark brown border tile for the Grand Room.

I made a quick stop for petrol. As I was washing the windshield I had that feeling like someone was looking at me. I turned around to find a shiny penny looking up at me from the pavement! (Coin #1)

I spent the next few hours at a tile shop. This was my third visit. On the two previous visits I asked about taking my selections to test them in the light at the Penny Palace. I was told the store policy does not allow tile boards to be checked out and they will not order samples. That just did not set well with me. Today near closing time, I tenaciously pleaded (argued), “What are the chances you will get a customer wanting these two brown tiles in the next 30 minutes before closing? You said they aren’t very popular. I promise to have them back in your store by opening time in the morning”. I think the sales guy was tired of telling me “No”, so he let me take them. Good thing, because neither one of the tiles looked good when they were on site.

This evening Doc and I conducted our Sunday night, 3-grocery store, weekly tour. At the first store I got my coin (copper) and Doc got his (silver). At the next store there were two pennies. At the third store there were four pennies and a dime. (Coins #2-10)

Now it’s time to design a Pantry Shelving schematic to give Finish Carpenter David in the morning.

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.28

No comments: