Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day #1,199 - April Fool's Day

Today Doc said, “Good Morning Sweetheart. Why don’t you just sleep in, then spend the day relaxing, maybe read a good book or go for a massage? Don’t’ do anything yucky.” Then I remembered it was April Fool’s Day. My actual activities for the day were far from relaxing. But it sure felt good to accomplish so much.

This morning Doc met son, Brian for coffee. I stayed home during those hours and paid first-of-the-month bills. I think Doc felt guilty that he went off to play while I was working. So he stopped on the way home at a hardware store and bought me a gift -- a “crapper flapper”. (A toilet tank stopper). That way I could repair our leaking toilet tank this afternoon.

I spent the afternoon doing fix ups, clean ups, editing a report for a friend, completing documents for CPP, dealing with the Assessor’s Office notification, tax forms, and various other pressing but not-such-fun tasks. Doc did some class prep work.

By early evening I needed to get off my butt, away from the computer, and out penny finding. Doc and I went to our usual three grocery stores and then the post office to mail that huge pile of envelopes which I generated this morning. We collected three pennies at the first store, then a dime and six pennies at the third store.

Arrived home at 10 p.m. to eat a quick dinner then began working on the preparations for the coming week. I scheduled inspections, emailed subcontractors, did some design work, made lists of Action Items etc. Also dealt with some of the rental property incoming stuff.

This is going to be an awesome week …

Total: 10 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: