Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Solicitor or Angel?

I was just writing today’s Penny Tale. I wrote: “Angels, if you really want to prove that you are involved in this crazy journey, you’ll throw a quarter somewhere in today. 25 has been the Special number throughout this project…”. At that point the front doorbell rang …

I was irritated by the interruption of my writing and the dogs were going crazy at the front door. I said hello to the high-school aged young man and saw the envelope in his hand. I assumed he was selling magazine subscriptions as a fundraiser and I was starting to tell him “no thanks”.

He showed me the envelope with a hand-drawn request - funeral funds for his sister who was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. Of course I am quietly thinking “Yeah, sure. Drug money? What are you REALLY going to use this for?” Then I looked into his eyes and let my heart hear him. He was asking for PENNIES or any loose pocket change. I had to laugh. Pennies? I listened to more of his story with my Heart and asked the Angels for their input.

He said, “Jenny will be buried on the 25th”. I had just typed the sentence about 25. (See above)

I told him to put that thought on pause while I went inside for a few moments. I came back to the door with some Penny Cards as well as my gift. He was nearly in tears. I told him about Penny Finding and the Penny Palace. The next 15 minutes were spent in wonderful conversation about all sorts of things. Shared Joy. Reminder to act on the “Nudgings”.

1 comment:

Greg Kebbekus said...

GET THAT BOOK GOING!