Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day #1,208 - Creatures


This morning Stucco Tommy told me to meet him and crew at the Penny Palace at 8 a.m. When I arrived, he was sitting comfortably on that front bench and calling Doc to find out where I was. Tommy and I assessed the work that needed to be done, he gave me a verbal quote, and his crew began working. They applied the brown coat to the patio seat walls and the front retaining wall. During our walk about we discovered a beautiful moth/butterfly who had parked next to the leaded glass entry door as if wanting inside the Penny Palace.

Two neighbor ladies were out walking. They came down the driveway and said the front yard was so beautiful, could they also see the back yard? Of course! and inside the house as well. One neighbor was jogging past and stopped to comment on how nice the house and mailbox looked. Another neighbor sent an email saying how nice the front and mailbox look. Wow!

Later in the morning Project Manager Daryl visited along with Curmudgeon (Tile Bob). It had been several weeks since Bob had seen the house and he was pleased with the changes. When viewing the Aussie bathroom I pointed out the two fly decals I placed in the toilet bowl - and noticed a third fly! This real one was evidently attracted by the other two.

I spent a few hours washing floor tile, then sealing the grout lines. Tedious process.

Mail-carrier Susan arrived around 1 p.m. I had left our first Outgoing parcel in the mailbox and raised the red flag for the first time. She stopped to collect the package and realized it was a gift to welcome her services to the Penny Palace. JOY shared.

***************

I locked up the Penny Palace and headed for Home Depot to get more concrete stain. The cashier Kimberly was very friendly and full of energy. She witnessed today’s penny find. (Coin #1). Penny card plus Joy Shared.

A few more errands before I found the next coin. I stopped to purchase some gift cards and spotted a blob. Did not think it was a coin, but upon further inspection realized it was a dime. (Coin #2).

***************

Doc arrived home just after 8 p.m. We ate a quick meal and then he insisted that we work on some documents which he needs to submit tomorrow. I could not refuse helping him since one of the documents is in support of my retirement package.

Total: 2 Coins P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

1 comment:

JR said...

If you're not coming back to CPP I’ve become an unemployed penny-preventer.