Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day #1,212 - Gated


This morning Doc offered to stop at the closed In-N-Out Burger to allow me a few minutes of coin searching before he got his coffee. I was walking through the picnic tables and Doc was seated in the van quite a distance away. He spotted something and motioned for me to look. It was a dime which I had not seen! That man can spot a silver from yards away. (Coin #1). I continued to walk around the building and found 5 pennies and one dime. (Coins #2-7)

Iron Jimmy arrived at the Penny Palace a few minutes after we did at 9 a.m. He went straight to work installing the two side gates along the South wall. It took him about 4 hours to complete. Now we can call for inspection by the second City department (Planning). He also installed a keypad for the driveway gate. We tested it, then tested to see if the gate would restrict Sparky’s attempt to get out. Thankfully it did.

Inside the house Doc and Sparky were grading student quizzes. I washed another section of floor tile and sealed the grout lines.

***************

On our way home, we noticed a large group of people hosting a car wash to raise money for a funeral. The day has been quite overcast with the potential of rain, so the group was not getting many customers. I went home, got Pippy and returned for a car wash. There must have been 30 persons to help wash my truck! They were trying to raise money for Grandma’s funeral. While I was waiting for the crew to work, of course I strolled about. Found three shiny pennies. (Coins #8-10). That led me to sharing about Penny Finders. Had an audience of 6-7 persons and distributed Penny Cards. JOY shared.

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.28

No comments: