Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day #1,321 - Minor Tasks


It was a full day of numerous minor tasks. Nothing Major, just a whole series of 30-45 minute tasks which seemed to swallow up the whole day!  One of the first calls was from the solar panel installers who said it was time to submit our forms to the state rebate program.  We needed to provide copies and dates of building permits, Certificate of occupancy, etc. along with their contract, materials lists and forms. Then I needed to hire a licensed Energy Rater to come out and do an inspection of our solar system and house.

I called and spoke with an HERS inspector who said initially, “We are usually brought on the job early so we can see the insulation and other things which are also part of the rebate consideration…”

Around 1 p.m. Doc left the house.  He went for a car wash, to buy sandals, to get a new pair of school shoes, and to check on the Pomona house.  He found one dime and one penny as he got out of the van at the car wash.  (Doc #1&2)

He also re-found that dime which disappeared in the garage Monday.  (Doc #3)

At 6 p.m. Neighbor Craig came over to the house.  He is doing a remodel project for a client who wants an exterior spiral staircase installed.   Craig wanted to look at our staircase again.  He reads Penny Tales so I told him there was no story yet today.  He threw a few coins out of his pockets and said, “There you go!”  (Not legitimate finds).

By 6:30 p.m. I had my fill of phone calls, emails, paper pushing, unpacking and cleaning.  I needed a lunch break and to get out of the house.  I wanted to go for a drive or something. 

I honestly didn’t really want to bother with Penny Finding and writing today.  But this afternoon Doc ran into someone at the car wash who said they enjoy reading the Daily Penny Tales.  Thus, I write.

Doc said I was to go find my coin and be back immediately to continue my work this evening. (He said this while he was reclined and watching TV).  At 6:50 p.m. I left the house.  Drove to the local (closed) car wash.  No coins in the initial prep area or in the final detail area.  Finally found a dirt penny in the flower planter (along with much other trash).  I said, “Thank You Angels” and immediately found a second penny.  Back home within 17 minutes with God’s 2¢ worth for me today.

Total:   5 Coins        P (3), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.23 

No comments: