Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day #1,342 - Grand Day


Floor Cleaning

Today I finally conquered the last of those piles on the Grand Room Floor (well all except for the ones I moved under the staircase).  Then the screen guy came and installed screen doors on the French doors so now we can have exterior air flow in the Grand Room.  I moved the dining table into the Grand room.  That allowed me to “mock up” some furniture placements and decide what to order.


Screen guy Dale arrived at 8 a.m. and installed the five screens; finishing around 2 p.m.  I partially worked with him, partially with Doc, and partially on my other tasks.  Doc was willing to spend 30 minutes working together in his office!

Screen Dale
After dealing with some of the files and boxes in the Grand Room, it was fun to mock up the furniture layout.  Dragged the reading chair from the bedroom and the motion table from the Family Room, added boxes, Ramboard templates and other items to get a ‘feel’ for the room.  It’s feeling good!  J

***************
At 5:30 Doc and I headed out for a 1-hour massage at the Foot Spa.  That felt Grand!  Before getting back into the van I collected two quarters and three pennies.  That was pretty Grand.   (Coins #1-5).   We were walking across the parking lot and Doc kept saying “I need to take off my shoe and rearrange my sock or something.”  It just did not feel very Grand.  He took off his shoe to find his hair comb there!  (He had stored it there while getting the massage).

My mom called with a debrief on her teeth.  After several weeks of procedures, today was to be the final installation of her new lower bridge.  The lab had made the bridge out of metal versus the porcelain we ordered.  When installed, Mom immediately went into spasms.  The dentist said they must begin the entire process again.  Not so Grand.  Hopefully it will not cost another Grand.

Doc and I next visited the furniture store I had discovered two weeks ago. I took Doc to ‘test sit” the sofa I liked.  He liked it too.  Yippee!  We ordered it and expect it delivery tomorrow.

We seldom go a day without visiting a home Improvement store and today was no exception.  We made a quick stop for some floor protectors to put under the dining table and chairs.  I collected one penny.  (Coin #6)

Total:   6 Coins        P (4), N (0), D (0), Q (2) = $0.54 

No comments: