Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day #1,335 - Mom's Minion


This week it seems that no progress is being made at the Penny Palace.

Driving Lesson
After tending to Mom’s leg bracing, breakfast, dressing and other needs, it was already 11 a.m.!  Mom did note that nursing is not my calling.  Twice while strapping on her brace, I leaned on her injured knee!

Mom and I headed out for Target to look for a shower chair.  No chair, but I found one dime there.



A/C Jim
We had a 12 p.m. meeting with Air Conditioning Jim at Mom’s house.  She can not go back there where temperatures are over 100 degrees.  Jim said we needed a new A/C unit and gave us several options.  He was available to install a new unit this afternoon, however he called three different supply houses and none of them had any units remaining.  This recent heat wave has caused a shortage of supply.  Items are backlogged for 7-10 days.  Jim finally located one unit about 100 miles from here.  He will obtain that one tomorrow.

Watering Plants
After A/C Jim left, it was time to water Mom’s plants.  I’m not talking a few house plants - I’m talking hundreds of plants in her yard.  It took two of us watering for an hour to complete the job.

I took some trash out of her house to the dumpster so it would not continue rotting in her house.  Found a Penny on that trip.   I had a ‘nudging’ of a penny to my right.  I glanced that direction and did not see anything.  So I had to detour around a planter and around a parked golf cart to claim that penny on the other side.
Canine Nurse Giving TLC

Our loan for the Penny Palace was supposed to close today.  Shortly before 5 p.m. we received a call saying we were all set to sign papers -- except for ONE MORE document.  This one is not so easy to obtain.  It has to do with Doc’s 5-year agreement to continue teaching.  Doc is handling the issue by parking himself in his recliner chair with the TV turned on in hopes that he can ignore the situation until I get frustrated enough that I will find it for him.  I am being rebellious and unwilling to stop working on my projects in order to go find his paper.


Total:   2 Coins        P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: