Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 10, 2012

Day #1,330 - Mush Balls



Silverware drawer

Friend Mandy arrived this morning at 8:30 a.m. with her Chocolate lab, Bella.  Last time I saw Bella she was a 20 lb. puppy. Now she is 70 lbs. of high energy.  I leashed Dundee and we set out for a half hour walk, pee and poop session.  This was the first time I had taken one of my dogs on a walk around the neighborhood.  Dundee loved the walk, but did not appreciate the other canine presence.

Doc in the meanwhile took Norman and Sparky out for coffee and a Penny.  (Doc Coin #1).  So by the time I returned home, Doc was semi-functional.  We spent the next few hours installing shelving on his side of the closet.

Doc's Side of Closet
Doc departed for Home Depot where he ordered artificial turf for the dog yard.  Then he headed to the Pomona house to fill the ponds and obtain some berry cuttings to take to son Brian’s house tomorrow.  When exiting the freeway, he spotted a shiny Penny which he hopped out to collect; then a second one.  (Doc #2&3).  Doc collected his next penny at the gas station.  (Doc #4).

Doc next went to my Mom’s house to pick up some homemade salsa  which she had just made for us.  When he arrived, Mom tripped while coming out of the house to hand him the jar.  As she was falling, she hurled the glass jar so that it would not shatter underneath her.  It was a pretty severe fall.  So he drove all the way over there for nothing.

When Doc left, I arranged things in the modified silverware drawer.  It was great to have things in place.  More cleaning and getting things in order.

Doc returned home and at 5 p.m. we decided to splurge and try out the local foot spa for an hour.  Temperatures at 6 p.m. were still over 100 degrees outside.  My body sure needed the massage. We were Mush Balls when we exited the spa.

I needed a coin for the day. There was a 7-11 store in the same shopping center so we stopped there for two bananas and two pennies.  Then Doc found another penny in the parking lot.  (Coins #1-3)

Our next stop was the Office Supply store for two new flash drives.  (I bought one shaped like an owl; Doc’s is normal).  Doc found a penny and a quarter there.  (Coins #4&5)


Total:   9 Coins        P (8), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.33

No comments: