Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 17, 2012

Day #1,337 - Wrap Ups


This morning I confirmed things with the loan underwriter before I left the house for the day. 
Roofers at Work




At 7:10 the roofers arrived to reroof the lawn shed.





Chenski
At 8:30 a.m. Doc and I met Dave Chen (our Chinese son and one of our favorite solar car graduates) for breakfast just down the street.  Such fun.  As I approached the restaurant I spotted two pennies, then a dime.  When I walked into the eatery, there was a penny.  (Coins #1-4)

At 9:30 we returned to the Penny Palace where we gave Chenski a tour and packed Mom up.







A/C Jim at Work
At 10:15 Mom and I were on the road to meet Air Conditioning Jim at her house.  I stayed outside while he was working since it was cooler than inside her mobile home.  By noon Jim had the new A/C unit installed and the house temperature was dropping.

Mom and I headed to the Target store to get her a few things and for me to get curtain tension rods for the Master Closet at the Penny Palace.  ($4 solution to hang things quickly).  I found a quarter and a penny there.  (Coins #5&6)

Took mom for a feeding before taking her home.  One dirt penny in a flower bed.  (Coin #7).

Meanwhile Doc was holding down the fort on the home front with the roofers. When they left around noon, Doc headed to the grocery store for lunch.  He found a quarter in a coke machine there.  (Coin #8).

I stopped on the way home to get a bank check for escrow, fill the ponds at the Pomona house,  get our mail at the Post Office, and file a Forwarding Address Form for all subsequent mail.   Arrived home exhausted.
Reroofed Lawn Shed

At 6:30 Notary Dana arrived.  The check amount she requested was different than what I was told this morning.  Grrr….  We reviewed and signed the dozens of documents for the loan.  Had lots of fun with her.

By the time she left I was totally wiped out and didn’t have any creativity or energy remaining.  So I balanced the checkbooks and did a few other ‘brainless’ tasks.

It was nice to 'wrap up' so many loose ends today.

Total:   8 Coins        P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (2) = $0.65

No comments: