Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day #1,345 - Fabric Found



Sprinkler Repair
Doc and I had planned to leave the house at 8 a.m. to work on the sprinkler lines at the Pomona house.  There were several delays at home, plus en route we stopped at the bank.  There was a fabric store right next to the bank and I thought maybe I should just take a quick peek at their Fabrics-for-the-Home and their prices in order to compare with what Drapery Brian had proposed.  I should not have done that.  I found a dozen swatches I wanted to take home and see how they looked.  Unfortunately the store would only check out three at a time.  So Doc also checked out three.   Another glitch -- the fabrics are on sale for 40% off and the sale ends today!
Box Cutting

While I was inside the store, Doc went for a coffee, then wandered around the parking lot.  He found one dime and one penny.  I collected a penny inside the yardage store.  (Coins #1-3)

At the Pomona house Doc started by fixing the rear roll-up garage door cable.  Next we ran the various sprinkler lines to determine the problem areas.  We had no shovel, so called brother Mikey (who lives 3 houses away) to borrow one.  Then we made a run to the hardware store for needed components.  There were at least four areas to repair.

At 1:30 we headed to another fabric store where I had planned to purchase some of the window fabrics -- until I discovered the new set of swatches  this morning and plans changed.  After that, Doc needed lunch.

This afternoon was filled with laundry, HOA issues, retirement papers, cutting up the remaining cardboard boxes and other household stuff.  The fun stuff was playing with my newly-found fabric swatches.  Doc says the fabrics ‘glow’.  He likes them too.

At 7:30 this evening we took Dundee to get his nails trimmed.  Stopped at McDonalds on the way home for Doc to get his dinner.  At the drive-up window he reached left to get his burger, while I reached right to get a penny.  (Coin #4)



Total:   4 Coins        P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: