Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day #1,350 - Men, Men, Men


While Doc went to the office, I had lots of other men here at home wanting my attention.


Pond Miguel


At 9 a.m. there was the pond (pool) company guy.  I noticed the truck parked on the street (because that company cleans the pools to the North and South of our house), but the guy I had been talking to about our service a few weeks ago was not the same person I saw working today.  I left a note on his truck to please come see me when he was done with the other two  jobs.  Pool Miguel came over and we worked on the pond.  One hour was now gone from my morning.

The next task was to call CalCERTS, get registered, and continue our energy rating review process.
Solar Jose

Solar Robert called unexpectedly. He needed to send someone over and look at the solar panel monitoring system to see how they were going to do the final connections.  He would have someone over in 10 minutes!  Yikes.  Time to get out of pajamas.  I worked with Jose for the next hour.

The printing company emailed for final approval of the Open House invitations proof.  I tried and tired to do it on line, but finally decided their server was not cooperating, so I dealt directly with the rep on that issue.

Bookcase Staining
I finally said “all else is put aside until I get this @#$@# bookcase stained!”  I just applied the stain (to be wiped off immediately) when the front doorbell rang.  It was Pest Control Guy Kevin.  That was unexpected.  I had called the service yesterday.  I was told they would call back and let me know when a tech would be in the area.  Of course Kevin needed me to explain the situation and show him the affected areas.  But what about the stain which was setting on my bookcase!!!! 

Ant Killer Kevin
I thought the bookcase staining job would take 1.5 hours.  It probably extended across 4-5 hours due to interruptions such as calls from Drapery Bryan, Doc, etc.
Of course the three canine males also wanted attention.

When Doc came home we went out for dinner and my coins.  I wanted something quick - for both of those.  Doc suggested the car wash again!  No way.  We found four dirt pennies there.  (Coins #1-4).

Doc had found one dime at Subway when he went to Subway for our breakfast. Then he found a penny in the breezeway at school.  (Doc #1&2).


Total:  6 Coins        P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.15

1 comment:

JR said...

Quarters by the secret machine. Nickel in the middle of the aisle of tables outside Round Table in the BSC. Penny under the machines outside the bookstore. Went all Doc and said "Dime Dime Dime"; delivered by the east vending machine in the breezeway (before Doc could claim it).