Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day #470 - Field Trip

It’s 1 a.m. and I’m sketching ideas for the windows in the library room of the new house. I really do not want to stop in order to write Penny Tales for today. There is a CD Playing. The topic: How to Connect with your Spirit Guides. The speaker is saying your KNOW you are “in the flow” when you are in the Here and Now. Time does not matter then. That’s how it is when it is quiet and I’m working on ideas for “Tina’s Ark” Two or three hours can pass and I don’t even realize it!

***************

Friday morning we met with a contractor. He suggested we visit a house he is currently building. It’s approximately 20 miles from here. This morning Doc and I went for a field trip … We arrived to find the job site locked up for the Easter weekend. The trip was not totally wasted. Our son lives just a few miles from there so we met him for coffee, then visited his house and saw all the improvements he has been making. Our last visit to his house was in January to feed our Grandfish.

***************

Doc and I made a few stops at places like the post office, bank, etc. Doc found a penny in the office supply store. It was a new Shield penny! (Coin #1). I was ready to head home and get working on the front yard. Doc reminded my about finding a coin for today. Ah, yes. You’d think after 470 days I would not need any reminding. It is said that a new habit is formed in 4-6 weeks. I must be really hard to train! Doc’s insert here: “Amen to that comment!”

Doc suggested we search the nearby high school parking lot. Doc emerged from the van to find a penny, then another, then another. (Coins #2-4) I told him to slow down so I could find one! Doc said I put a hoax on him and he didn’t find any more coins after that. I spotted something silver - but it was merely an electronic coin. As I looked carefully at it, I spotted a nickel nearby! (Coin #5)

Doc searched more of the parking lot while I searched the skate board park. I was returning to the van, but Doc was still at the far end of the lot. So I searched a few parking spots (where I thought Doc had already looked - wrong assumption). I spotted a dime and yelled and signaled to Doc. He smiled. Then I claimed a shiny new Shield Penny, then a nickel, then a dime! Wow! All within about 60 seconds. (Coins #6-9).

We spent the afternoon working on our front yard. The pump on the waterfall had stopped a long time ago, the water basin was bone-dry, the low-voltage lights were burned out, the plants were way overgrown, etc. It had been maybe 2 years since we gave that area any TLC.

Thought: Normal, routine things can become more urgent things if they are neglected for too long.

Total: 9 Coins P (5), N (2), D (2), Q (0) = $0.35

No comments: