Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day #487 - Blast in Class


Class today was such a Blast! Teaching students about Life Principles and Success Skills is so much more interesting than thermodynamics, strengths of materials or vibrations. How do you teach about Penny Angels in an Engineering Class? Indirectly! J

How can YOU tell about Penny Angels in what YOU do each day?

***************

New House:

This morning Doc and I had our weekly meeting with the architect. As you’ll recall, last week she had to cancel, so this week I had a double batch of “homework” ready for her -- including those darn electrical plans! J

This afternoon there was an email with the first quote from one contractor. Doc is now doubting again, “We can’t do this. This is not reasonable!” I am saying that 487 Days of Consecutive YESES means we don’t have a choice but to OBEY!

***************

On the way to the architect Doc suggested we stop at the Circle K store to look for coins. He spotted a penny as he opened his van door, then another penny in a parking stall. (Coins #1&2).

Doc then went to Starbucks while I wandered for coins. There was one penny under the shopping carts of the 99¢ store. As I emerged from that store I saw Doc going into the CVS Pharmacy. My thoughts, “Darn! He will beat me to the coins!” And a penny appeared right on the sidewalk in front of me! Then a moment later there was a penny at a picnic table right outside the store. Doc emerged from the store with zero coins! Plus he said he had searched the patio area where I had just picked up that last penny! (Coins #3-5)

While I was searching, a very nice lady asked me if I had lost something, did I need assistance? I shared the Penny Finding story and gave her a Penny Card. Joy shared.

***************

This afternoon my students were really alert and we had a Blast in Class. I teased them that 75% of the females in the class had met the Sunday afternoon Design Challenge, and 0% of the males made it.

This afternoon I dropped into Doc’s Honors Statics class - right in the middle of his lecture! He was deep into writing equations all over the chalkboard. 75% of his students are students I knew from the class I audited in the Fall term. At that point we were at around 320 days of Penny Finding. I just had to tell them about the Day #365 Celebration, give them each a Penny Card and tell them we are now approaching Day #500. Talk about SMILES! Those smiles could have lit the building! Such a Blast in Class.

Thought: Are you having a Blast with your “work”? How can YOU make it sparkle?

Total: 5 Pennies

No comments: