Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day #471 - Down Under

Doc insisted upon going out for breakfast. He bribes me by agreeing to review calendars and monthly task lists with me. This morning he even reviewed the window sketches I did last night and came up with one of his own!

***************

We did grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s, then Sprouts, then Staters. I thought with the long lines there would be lots of coins today. Wrong. Did not find any coins in the first two places and none during my first two searches of the third grocery store. I was getting desperate! There were long lines at the open registers, but there was one closed one. I casually looked around that area and found one penny. Done! (Coin #1)

As Doc and I were paying for our groceries, I noticed a bright shiny new shield penny in the chute. I boldy claimed it and thanked the cashier for Penny Tale Day #471. I gave him a Penny Card. He smiled and said, “Yes, I remember you”. Then Doc noticed another shiny shield penny under the foot of the boxboy. So I politely asked him to please step aside so I could get it. I got down to retrieve it and noticed another one way in the corner Down Under the cabinet. It could not be seen from normal standing height. (Coins #2-4)

Early afternoon was spent on laundry and plumbing work. We had some unexpected rocking and rolling with the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Mexico. It was very noticeable and I was preparing to exit the house if the shaking continued. Amazing power considering the epicenter was 125-150 miles away!

The rest of the day and evening have been spent on grading papers and class prep; Doc in one room and I in the other. Dueling computers and red pens!

Lesson: There are treasures to be found when looking at situations from non-typical perspectives.

Total: 4 Pennies

No comments: