Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, April 23, 2010

Day #490 - Weed Pulling

The line at Starbucks was way too long this morning, so Doc settled for coffee at the Chevron across the street. He drove to park near the door and spotted a penny before he even turned off the engine! He had his find for today. I went inside and found my penny near the register. Score was tied 1:1

At school today there was a presentation of the Apollo 13 Mission. Students presented on their research into some of the mission failures. Several engineers from that project were present. Doc and some of the other (older engineering) faculty really enjoyed that. I found two pennies while traveling to and from there. (Coins #3&4).

This evening Doc and I were grading homework papers. I had a goal to finish a certain amount of papers by 7 p.m. and then we were going to go out for a few hours. Phone calls came in and things got CHANGED. Instead we needed to spent the evening doing school stuff. I was not happy. Went for a walk outside. I was Penny Pondering at the neighbor’s little flower bed which I planted for her when her teenage son was killed. I was thinking, “Tomorrow I must get out here and remove the weeds. Same thing with my attitude tonight - need to pull the weeds out!” And incredibly a penny appeared in the dirt in front of me. Yes, Penny Angels, I hear you. Thanks.

Total: 5 Pennies

No comments: