Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day #475 - Not Reasonable

This afternoon I had a 15-minute window of time where I was going to walk across campus to the Marketplace and search for coins. I emerged from my building to find a penny in the breezeway. I bent to retrieve it and found a nickel as well! (Coins #1&2) Great! That gave me those 15 minutes to write a memo instead. Thank you Penny Angels.

***************

Later in the afternoon I attended a meeting and then en route just peeked inside one of the study rooms to see if I recognized any of the students there. There was a penny under one of the student tables. I have no qualms about saying “Excuse me!” while I dive under the table at everyone’s feet to emerge with my catch. Is it “Reasonable” for the professor to go Penny Diving? Not really. But it made them all laugh. (Coin #3)

Then I looked across the room and spotted another penny - and another. I was leaving when a student said, “There’s one!” and when I dove for that one, there was another! (Coins #4-7).

It was just a few minutes of light-hearted fun and frivolity.

***************

As we were driving home Doc was disappointed that he did not have a coin for today. He said, “Let’s cruise the Park & Ride lot by the freeway to look.” I replied, “Parking lot searches are pretty tough. How about maybe a convenience store?” Doc drove into the lot. “Logical” me was arguing, “Do you not notice that it is dark out here? This is NOT REASONABLE to be driving a parking lot in the dark to look for a penny!” He drove most of the lot and we found nothing. The nasty side of me was saying, “See, I told you so!” The other part of me said, “OK Penny Angels, Your Turn”. So I did a Singsong out loud: “Hey Penny Angels won’t you come out to play, come out to play …and dance in the light of the moon.” At which point Doc caught a reflection of something - his penny. (Coin #8) NOT REASONABLE!

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.12

Thought: The Penny Angels don’t care about ‘proper protocol’ or being “reasonable”. They have different standards.

No comments: