Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day #480 - Smiles

This morning Doc and I did not meet with the architect for our weekly meeting as we have been doing for the past two months. I had not done my “homework”, the landscape architect had not presented anything yet, and the architect had to attend another meeting. L We did stop at her office and pick up the latest set of blueprints in order to review and run copies.

***************

On the way to the architect’s office, Doc stopped at the Circle K for me to look for pennies. The first cashier said, “there is a sheriff who comes in to look for coins and he has been here today, you won’t find any.” The second cashier, Margita smiled …. Do you recall in the movie Sound of Music where one of the nuns had taken parts out of the Nazi vehicle? She had a big smile. Margita had that same smile as she pulled out a penny and said, “I saved THIS one for you.” I accepted it as an indirect find. Hugs and smiles.

Our next stop was for Doc to get coffee at Starbucks and me to look for coins. As we were parking the lady in front of us apparently spilled several coins and was picking them up. I smiled, told her she had the skills to be a Penny Finder, told her about Penny Tales and gave her a Penny Card. She laughed and threw a penny back out for me to collect. I told her that would be cheating. Not acceptable according to PennyFinders Protocol. We exchanged smiles and joy.

***************

While Doc got his coffee, I went to the 99¢ store for coins. Found one dime. (Coin #1)

At school I did not venture out of my building today. Doc did, and collected his dime between buildings (Coin #2)

The score was tied: Doc 10¢, Tina 10¢

Total: 2 Coins P (0), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.20 + one indirect penny = $.21

Thought: I want to get this Tale written so I can go play with those house floor plans!

No comments: