Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day #1,083 - Construction Day 300

It is getting close to the Holidays. Are you really reading these Penny Tales versus going out shopping? LOL

This morning I stopped at a tile store on my way to the jobsite. Still trying to get that floor Medallion ‘just right’.

At the jobsite there were six guys working on the back yard rock piles. Today was exciting. Three holding tanks were placed, some liner material and sand were put down for the pond, and the first few rocks were placed around them. (‘Placing’ is different than moving rocks back and forth which we have been doing for the past few months).

The bank Inspector, Alex, was on site this morning and hopefully will submit his report in a timely manner. That will allow us to get November reimbursement funds from the bank so that we can continue spending in December.

Flooring Mark was laying down more plywood in the kitchen and then nailing it down. We brainstormed a bit regarding which way to lay down the sheet vinyl tomorrow. After some discussion, he agreed that MY way probably was the better choice since that would eliminate any seams in the kitchen travel area.

***************

Doc had a dentist appointment then spent the day at school. He helped get one of the solar cars loaded and finally trucked off to its new home at the National Hot Rod Association museum in Pomona.

***************

This evening I realized I had left my cameras and cell phone on the table at the jobsite. So around 7:30 p.m. Doc and I headed to the Penny Palace. It was a neat experience to stand in the back yard with the future waterfall and streams around us and the City lights sparkling below.

***************

Doc and I had not done any grocery shopping for quite a while, so we stopped at our regular three stores. Doc found a penny at the first store; I collected a quarter at the second. At the third store, I was busy picking up a dime and penny while Doc was fetching two really mangled pennies at the coin counting kiosk. Then he spotted a yucky penny in a corner. I claimed a dime as we were paying for our groceries.

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.50

No comments: