Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day #1,087 - Threes

Today we went shopping - not for Christmas gifts, but for houses. We liked Three of them and over the next few days we will further investigate and make some decisions. We found a dime and a penny in the dirt by the driveway at the 2nd house we toured. We found 6 pennies at the 5th house we visited. (Coins #1-8)

This afternoon we did some on-line research of properties and then Doc graded Final Exams. I made a trip to the post office and Target store. I usually try to stay out of any stores during the month of December, but we needed to obtain a wedding gift.

Before entering the store I was reviewing my printed out Gift Registry and not even thinking of pennies. Something caught the light of the setting sun and I was called over to a planter to investigate it. It was a penny. As I picked up that penny, I spotted another one a few feet along the walkway. The bride would be laughing. She is a daily Penny Tale reader. Her fiancée proposed using a trail of pennies. It was if the Penny Angels were leading me inside the store to obtain her gift! I found two additional pennies and two dimes before I began my shopping. (Coins #9-14)

The bride had registered for Three sets of dinnerware. I immediately found two boxes and asked the Angels to help find a third box. They did. Mission Accomplished.

While shopping for the wedding gift, I had 6 coins totaling 24¢. Walking back to my truck in the parking lot, I said to the Angels, “Please, just ONE more penny. That would make the magic number of 25¢ while gift shopping”. The Angels provided Three pennies instead of the One requested. (Coins #15-17)

Total: 17 Coins P (14), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.44

No comments: