Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day #1,098 - Gusting

The Santa Ana winds were very strong and gusting again today. Glad our roof was designed for 100 mph winds.

Yesterday we called the City and requested an electrical inspection. I wanted to have power between Christmas and New Years. By noon there was no sign of an inspector, so I called. The outgoing message said the City offices are closed from today thru January 3. Bummer.

The landscape crew arrived early this morning, but decided it was too windy to work. Two electricians were working today. Although I had the exterior light fixtures ready for installation, for some reason the guys chose to stay indoors and work today. The Slagle brothers came in to complete a few items. In two hours they installed 5 medicine cabinets, all the door stops I had purchased, some doors locks, and the rest of the pantry shelving! Those two guys are awesome. Tile George dropped in to say goodbye. He is headed to Mexico for 10 days. He thoughtfully set up his tile saw for me to use while he is gone.

I did the usual stuff like cleaning, trash hauling, kibitzing, decision making, etc. By 1 p.m. all the subs had gone. Doc headed to help son Stephen acquire and install some new bookcases. I headed home for laundry and other household chores. At 7 p.m. I realized I had not been to a home improvement store yet today! I grabbed my shopping list as well as return items, and headed forth. One penny found (using a business card to unwedge it) at the checkout stand.

Doc collected one penny during his morning Starbucks run and then a dime at his McDonald’s lunch stop.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: