Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day #1,100 - Lit Up

My Christmas wish was to have the Penny Palace Lit Up. It was tonight!

Yesterday I logged in the daily coin finds for December. I noted to Doc that we had zero Hits for the Cycle this month. How unusual. I told him we should make it a goal to find one. Today we did!

This morning a quick stop at the bank yielded the paper currency we needed as well as a penny and a nickel. (Coins #1&2) Our next stop was a Contractor’s supply store where we spent quite a bit of time looking at various cabinetry options for the two garages. Don’t want to spend too much on those cabinets, but also don’t like the cheap quality ones we have been finding elsewhere.

By late morning Doc was hungry so we made a stop at Jack in the Box. I found a penny there. (Coin #3).

Our major objective today at the Penny Palace was to paint the staircase pieces. It took longer to prepare the work area and clean the pieces than it did to paint them.

At 4:30 I told Doc we needed to wrap up because it was getting too dark to work. He replied, "Well then flip a light switch!" Oh Yeah. I forgot! So he and I ran around the house lighting up one room after another. It was pretty funny. Like kids in a candy shop having a blast! It was fun to have the Penny Palace Lit Up for Christmas Eve.

On the way home before getting to the freeway, Doc needed a coffee. I spotted three coins, but another customer got to one of the coins before I did. I think it was a nickel. I collected a dime and a quarter. (Coins #4&5 which made a Hit for the Cycle today!)

Total: 5 Coins P (2), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.42

1 comment:

JR et al said...

Merry Christmas, you guys. How many watts is that temporary pole rated for???