Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day #1,097 - Pippy Performs

Pippy performed admirably all day today. For being 19 years old, she is still good-looking, a hard worker and sought after by many men.

This morning the first stop was at the Fixture Shop to obtain our order of 5 medicine cabinets and the kitchen sink. That was a full load for Pippy.

Doc headed in the opposite direction to get a crown put on his tooth.

I arrived at the jobsite at 10 a.m. to find a full Landscaping crew at work. Two guys were working on the installation of electrical fixtures. One guy was caulking the edge of the wall tiles. One guy was hauling and moving more dirt! It was a busy place again.

At 2:30 I left to meet a concrete subcontractor at the new rental house. We are considering pouring a concrete patio and driveway.

After that I was hungry for lunch. Made a quick stop at a different 7-11 store for a piece of jerky -- plus 3 dimes and two pennies. (Coins #1-5). One penny at the gas station while fuelling. (Coin #6)

Doc headed to the City Building Department to get the needed permits for the replacement windows and garage door being installed.

My next stops were at Home Depot for light bulbs and then the Lighting Shop to pick up the 33 exterior light fixtures. Pippy was again loaded to full capacity.

The guy at the lighting shop suggested I take surface streets versus the freeway. I ended up traveling through a construction zone and took a wrong turn which got me off-roading for a while. There was heavy oncoming traffic. There was no way to go in reverse to get back on course due to the barriers and the traffic behind me. Thus I asked Pippy and the Angels for assistance in getting out of that predicament. I finally found a spot where the dirt berms were navigable and there was a break in the oncoming traffic. Hit the accelerator and asked Pippy to ‘haul her backside’. She did.

In the past few weeks I have had at least 4 guys ask if I would sell Pippy to them. Not a chance.

Total: 6 Coins P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.33

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Way to go Pippy!
I'm so glad you kept her and just spruced her up! Of course men want her, she works hard and still cleans up and looks good... hee hee
okay, back to work...

JR said...

Just like you ... at 19.