Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day #1,104 - Concrete Kissing

The day began by wakening my mom to get her moving. She didn’t appreciate that. Doc and I took her home at 7 a.m. and were ready to tackle a very ambitious agenda for today.

Of course Doc had to get his Starbucks coffee. I got a quarter and he found a penny. (Coins #1&2)

At 8:15 a.m. we met at the Penny Palace with the vinyl flooring installer. He took photos and will file the necessary documents for our claim of defective material.

At 9:15 we ventured forth. Two pennies at the gas station where we stopped for petrol. (Coins #3&4). At 9:30 we were at the paint store. I waited for the paint to be mixed while Doc went to McDonalds for a snack and a penny. (Coin #5).

At 10 a.m. we met with the Realtor, Home Inspector, and a contractor to conduct an inspection of Replacement Property #2. Looks like that one is going to need a new roof, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling.

At noon we visited a possible Replacement Property #3. That one looks like it might not need much fix up at all. Found a penny upstairs in a closet. (Coin #6)

Next we stopped at a soils yard to pay for the materials which the landscaper has been purchasing. Doc wanted lunch and was proposing Jack in the Box, Del Taco, Carl’s etc. Then we spotted the Avocado House, a quaint little café and had a very enjoyable meal there. Would recommend that to anyone living or visiting the Chino area.

We were headed to a stone yard just down the street from the café. Doc and I told the sales rep what we were seeking. He showed us several possibilities. Doc and I Both liked the same one! Wonders never cease. That meant we did not need to drive 30-40 miles to go see the additional stone yards on our agenda for today. We took home some sample pieces of the stone to see how they will look on the patio next to the house.

We then stopped at a cabinetry shop to see their products. They provide pieces to assemble your own cabinets. Somewhat like IKEA furniture with more options.

Back to the Penny Palace to drop off the paint and stone samples. By 5:00 p.m. we were off to the lighting store to pick up our most recent order; interior fixtures. Doc stopped for a coffee at a 7-11 store. I found a dime there. (Coin #7).

In the parking lot I tripped on a concrete block and ended up Kissing the Concrete. I don’t recommend it. The dirt is low-calorie but doesn’t taste or feel very good. I spent much of this evening on the sofa with ice packs rotated between numerous bruised, scraped, and punctured areas.

At 9 p.m. Doc made sure I was set with my ice packs and one Canine Caretaker. Then he and Sparky headed out for dinner. He asked what I wanted. I told him nothing - including no more coins to write about. They returned with their California burrito and one dime. Now they are in bed while I am still writing!

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.50

No comments: