Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, December 12, 2011

Day #1,088 - Streams

When I left the house very early this morning, Doc said he would meet me at the jobsite after he woke up, ate, showered, and got ready. I returned home at 6 p.m. and he still was not ‘ready’.

The tile guys put in a very full day. It was dark when I finally made them stop! They cut and placed the dark border tile, and started filling in some of the specialty areas.

The cabinet guys unboxed half the items and moved them into appropriate rooms. As Frank and Jacob toured the house, Frank ‘pettted’ the picket fence tub walls. I just had to laugh. Everyone pets that wall!

No landscaping work today. Too wet outside. Rainwater did collect in the stream bed and did look pretty impressive - a peek at what lies ahead.

Today we had streams of water. However, I really didn’t want them this soon. There was a stream from the driveway area down the backyard pathway. There was rain water streaming from the roof into the gutters as planned. However, there are no downspouts yet, so the water was staying close to the house and creating almost quicksand conditions. (Which I verified by stepping ankle-deep in some of it). Thus, I was out in the rain trying to create makeshift water troughs using a combination of plywood, broken roof tiles, rain-gutter remnants and stones.

The recycled countertop planking material was delivered today. I am soooo anxious to open that crate! The delivery driver was not used to driving such a large truck and just missed hitting the roof by 2 inches! Whew! Then the pallet jack got stuck in the mud, so we were out in the rain trying to get 506 lbs. of material unstuck.

I climbed up onto the scaffolding to finally remove the Star Template from the ceiling of the Aussie guest room. I was thinking “if something happened while I was up here, no one would know”. Just then I got a leg cramp and wanted to scream in pain. Made me wonder how I was going to safely get back off the scaffold.

***************

By 5 p.m. it was dark and I was tired and cold. Stopped at the grocery store for a can of soup. Two pennies when I walked in, three pennies and a dime while checking out, and a penny under the bench outside the store when leaving. (Coins #1-7).

Doc found a penny when he and Sparky went for coffee and cash this morning. (Coin #8)

This evening I am supposed to be working on the final order lists for sinks, faucets, and exterior light fixtures. Also insurance, termite report, fix ups, etc. for the new rental property which is in escrow.

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.17

No comments: