Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 7, 2009

Day #231 - Not Really Trying

It’s 10 PM Friday. I am deeply involved in another project with about a dozen piles of papers and things all over the living room floor, credenza, dining table, kitchen counter, etc. Doc took a break from TV watching to walk through and reminded me: “What about tonight’s Penny Tale?” Oops! I wasn’t thinking about that. Yup, that still needs writing.

Here goes…

Several errands to do this morning before our joint dentist appointments. First there was a quick Circle K stop for Penny #1. Then Doc insisted upon going through Starbucks - spotting Penny #2 before even placing his order. The line was very long and very slow. I got out of the van and found another penny #3 in the planter area. There were two dimes below the window (Coins #4&5).

Our next stop was the Dodge dealership for a small piece to repair Doc’s seatbelt. I logged steps outside while Doc went inside. Found 6 pennies while walking around the service lane. (Coins #6-11). The first two passes I did not see any coins. Then on the third pass I spotted a penny, went to retrieve it, and there was another penny. Then a little further another one. They were just popping out of the pavement! Mushroom pennies. I was having fun. Doc came out to say the little replacement part would be $295 - and that’s without tax or installation! We will look elsewhere - that is too many pennies.

We did finally make it to the Dentist (on time) for a good cleaning and morning nap.

Doc needed his Double McBurger. He spotted one penny while placing his order. I found another in a concrete expansion crack. I did several hundred ‘step ups’ on the curb while inching forward. Dug coins #14-20 out of the planter as we moved along. Very dirty, muddy ones. I thought they were all pennies until Doc washed them and realized one was a dime.

Pretty good haul for not really trying to find today.

Today’s Total: 20 Coins D (3), P (17) = $ .47 + one silver slug with red paint

No comments: