Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day #225 - Easy Day


We were at the cabin. Went out for breakfast and coins. Nothing at the restaurant, RiteAid, grocery store, thrift store. Desperate at that point. McDonalds drive throughs are usually a sure thing. Since Doc’s van window does not work, it provides a great reason for me to hop out and approach both the pay and the food pick up windows at fast food places. Sure enough, there was a shiny penny at the first window, then a penny at the second window when Doc opened his door, then a third well worn penny as we began driving away.

The van needed petrol, so we stopped at the Valero station. A penny at Doc’s feet as he stepped out of the van, then I found a penny by the vacuum canisters. Inside the convenience store there was a penny in the middle of 5-6 customers and none of them seemed to notice it. Then there was a dime on a lower shelf by the lottery scanner.

As I am looking at this pouch of coins there is a quarter in here too. I can’t remember how it was found. Keep in mind - I was on vacation and trying to take a break! No mention of it on the cassette recorder.

Total: 8 Coins Q (1), D (1), N(0), P (6) = $0.41

No comments: