Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day #233 - Puzzled in Pomona

Really needed to get in at least one aerobic walk this week. So instead of sleeping in as Doc proposed, I was on the trail by 7 a.m. Chose to walk the Park and Ride lot. Found two random pennies, then a nickel and three pennies in one stall, then another two random pennies. (Coins #1-8) Next I made the hike up to the Pomona Mining Co. and was rewarded with 3 pennies around the dumpster. (Coins #9-11). I logged over 10,000 steps on that walk.

The next stop was Lowe’s to order window coverings for the cabin. And although I already had coins for today, I couldn’t resist walking through several of the dining places across the parking lot from Lowe’s. I walked the Taco Bell (in reverse of the normal drive direction) - one penny at the pick up window, then a penny and a dime at the pay window, then a penny at the order area speaker. While hunting, a behemoth truck came through the lane and I did wonder if tomorrow’s newspaper might read “Copper Top Tina schmushed at Taco Bell drive through”. J There was a dime in the KFC lane. (Coins #12-16 at that detour). The McDonald’s lane was too crowded.

I finally did head over to Lowe’s. There was a quarter and penny in the parking lot. (Coins #17&18). Hit for the cycle. I spent lots of time investigating some new plumbing ideas, then at least an hour with the window coverings. Realizing that I needed a shopping cart for the blinds, I headed for the front door and found Doc in the entry way! He was worried that I had been gone 3.5 hours and could not understand what should take so long?

He went off to buy a new computer and I headed home to tackle a long list of things I swore I’d do this weekend. When Doc got home we ran errands instead. Made another run to Lowe’s - finding one penny in the checkout line while Doc walked the parking lot and found one out there. (Coin #19&20). Then we drove by some more vacant parcels and called a realtor on them. Eeks. More options.

Doc wanted a soda (and more coins). I was tired of McDonalds so we drove through Wendy’s - nothing. A penny at Trader Joes by the shopping carts. (Coin #21).

Came home and have not done any of those items I swore I would do this weekend. Instead we cleared everything off the dining table and have been sketching and calculating house plans all day. I did not want to take time for Penny Tales because I want to figure out this puzzle. Right now the house pieces I had previously spent years designing do not fit into the property lines of the parcel we are considering. Time to call the Penny Angels and ask for their best architect …

Total for the day: 21 coins Q (1), D (2), N(1), P (17) = $0.67

No comments: