Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day #242 - Too Quiet?

Today was a quiet day as far as the house, Penny Finding, and work. (The summer term is now over). I found the first coin (a dime) before my workout at the Circle K next to the Fitness Center. By mid afternoon at school I only had 1700 steps logged for the day. So I headed out for a walk and Doc went with me. We found a super-duper shiny penny at a table in front of Starbucks (which was closed by then). (Coin #2). Then a penny and a dime at outdoor tables at the Student Center. (Coins #3&4).

I had a working session with my student officers from 6-8 PM. Doc met with a colleague and former student at Starbucks to provide teaching materials and review student evaluations. He found a dime and a nickel in the drive next to the sidewalk. (It has been days without a nickel find).

Interesting development on the Alta Loma lot. After checking the Assessor’s records, it turns out we know the 2006 owner. I called him today to ask about the property and why he bought, then sold it. I wanted to see if he had encountered any construction challenges. He had some personal reasons for selling which had nothing to do with building on the land and was still very positive about the parcel.

Total for the day: 6 coins Q (0), D (3), N(1), P (2) = $0.37

No comments: