Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day #1,234 - Be More Specific


It was wonderful to wake up at the cabin.  Birds were singing and the bed was comfy.  Who cares about the dust and the cobwebs?
Cousin Robin

This morning Doc promptly got to work on grading those papers. I cleaned the cabin - sucking up dead bugs, etc.

At noon we packed up and headed down the mountain.  Doc’s cousin Robin was attending a conference in L.A. for women pilots.  She asked if she might stop by the Penny Palace.  We met her at the house at 1:15 p.m.  She had seen the house once before - a year ago when there was only subflooring.  She noticed that a few changes had occurred in that time.

Pippy's First Sleepover at the PP
We left Pippy parked for the two nights at her spot at the PP.  That was her first sleepover.  She had a great view of the gushing stream and then the valley lights in the distance.  She did not seem to mind it at all.

This evening Doc and I did our usual Sunday night grocery shopping.  At the first store I found a penny, dime and quarter.  Of course I kept saying, “Nickel, Nickel, Nickel”.  Doc collected a penny at the second grocery store.  (Coins #1-4)

At the third store Doc went to the restroom while I paid for the groceries.  It was funny.  I used a credit card and paid for everything.  I was ready to leave when the cashier asked if the Peanut Butter in the cart was also mine?  Oops!  I really was not attempting to shoplift I just didn’t see that container.  So I paid cash for that one item.  The cashier handed me the receipt and change saying, “Here is YOUR NICKEL”!  I had to laugh.  It was almost as if she KNEW my request as I was driving to the store.  COINcidence?

I got the NICKEL as requested.  Next time I need to be more specific and ask for a FOUND nickel.




Total:   4 Coins        P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (1) = $0.37

No comments: