Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day #1,258 - Emerita Award


Roof Repairs

This morning Doc and I did a few minor tasks around the house.  I did some report editing for a friend and more organizing.  The roofers arrived unexpectedly to fix some of the tiles broken by the solar panel installers.  Instead of carrying the tiles up to the roof, they tossed the tiles up!  Doc and I cringed as each tile flew through the air.

At 11:30 a.m. Doc and I headed out to run a series of errands.  We found three pennies at one store.

Emerita Award
We stopped for a short time at the Pomona house in order to edit and post Monday's Penny Tale.  Then it was off to school for the award ceremony.  We first stopped to get new ID cards.  Now we are entitled to 'big perks'.  Free parking and use of the library.  We found two pennies while on campus.  It was fun to stop and say hello (and goodbye?) to a number of co-workers whom I had not seen in a while.

Berry Picking
The Faculty Emeritus Awarding Ceremony recognized 31 retiring faculty.  Doc insisted upon posting the whole 75 second reading of my Proclamation. It is there if anyone wants to see it.

After the ceremony we went back to the Pomona house to post two more Penny Tales.  Doc also picked boysenberries.  Those plants were offspring from a friend who has since passed away.  We planted those little sprouts decades ago and Doc plans to take some offshoots to grow at the Penny Palace.

Total:    5  Pennies



No comments: